Six former UofL student-athletes will be inducted into the University of Louisville Athletics Hall of Fame on Oct. 22 in the Brown & Williamson Club of Cardinal Stadium.
The 2021 Athletics Hall of Fame class includes:
- Harry Douglas, an All-American wide receiver who is second in career receiving yards at UofL and owns the school record for receiving yards in a game;
- Elvis Dumervil, a consensus All-America defensive end who won the Bronco Nagurski Award as the nation’s top defensive player when he led the nation in sacks in 2005;
- Bergan Foley, UofL’s first All-American in women’s lacrosse as an attacker in 2011 who set the Louisville record for career and single-season goals;
- Joanna Haig, an All-American goalie for the UofL women’s soccer team who is the UofL career leader in goals against average and second in career shutouts;
- Logan Johnson, the Cardinals’ career leader in doubles who as a second baseman helped lead UofL to its first College World Series appearance in 2007; and
- Melissa Roth, a catcher who is the only two-time All-American in UofL softball history and owns multiple Cardinal career and season records, including the school’s top season batting average.
The event will begin with a reception at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. and the induction ceremony to follow. Tickets are $50 per person, or $500 for a table of 10, and may be purchased online through “My Cardinal Account” at GoCards.com, specifically at this link.
“We are pleased to honor this exceptional Hall of Fame class who each achieved national acclaim while representing Cardinal Athletics,” said Vince Tyra, UofL vice president/director of Athletics. “We look forward to welcoming back and recognizing these elite student-athletes who elevated their respective programs and UofL Athletics.”
More information about these Cardinals’ storied UofL careers is available online here.