PNC Bank is now providing banking services to University of Louisville students and employees as the official bank of the university. Expanding its longstanding relationship with UofL, PNC now offers student and workplace banking, as well as financial education programs for the university’s more than 29,000 students, faculty and staff.
“We are pleased to enter into this agreement and appreciate PNC’s long-term support of the University of Louisville,” said UofL President Neeli Bendapudi. “This partnership provides convenience and financial management educational opportunities to students, faculty and staff, as well as resources to help achieve our university’s educational, research and community outreach mission.”
“With many young adults living on their own for the first time, learning to budget and manage credit and debt will help them develop smart habits that last a lifetime,” said Chuck Denny, PNC regional president for Louisville. “The University of Louisville and PNC recognize that financially savvy consumers are essential to a functioning economy. This relationship provides on-campus financial education that will help prepare students to make smart and responsible banking choices with tools and guidance from PNC.”
Highlights of the agreement include:
- Financial and consulting support for financial wellness programming, with on-campus PNC workshops on personal financial management and financial literacy. Topics include basic banking, credit management, savings and investing and identity protection.
- Up to seven ATMs throughout the university’s campus. At least two will be DepositEasy ATMs, which allow students, faculty and staff to cash checks, deposit checks or cash directly into their accounts and withdraw cash in increments as small as $1 bills.
- Access to PNC deposit products and services, including Virtual Wallet Student accounts for UofL students. These features include tools to help students monitor spending, view account balances and avoid account-management mistakes.
- A co-branded University of Louisville debit card available to all PNC deposit account holders.
- The capability for PNC account holders to link their account to their Cardinal Card ID, which can be used to conveniently access cash at all PNC ATMs.
- A co-branded website, hosted by PNC Bank, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information.
“PNC and the University of Louisville share a commitment to educating college students on successful money management practices. In addition to providing world-class products and services, we can help students, faculty and staff to be smart with their money and achieve their financial goals,” Denny said.