All employees and students on the Belknap Campus this summer should be advised that the Physical Plant Life Safety Department will conduct Fire Pump and Fire Hydrant Safety testing from Monday, July 25, through Wednesday, July 27. The testing will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
Locations with specific schedules and occupant impact are listed below:
Monday, July 25
Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium:
- Fire Hydrant testing will discharge into grassy and parking lot areas. Area will be cordoned off for safety.
- Fire Pump testing will discharge into drain.
Tuesday, July 26
- Fire Pump testing will require water to be ejected from roof of building of Unitas. Area will be cordoned off for safety.
University Tower Apartments:
- Fire Pump testing will discharge into parking lot. Area to be cordoned off for safety.
Wednesday, July 27
School of Music:
- Fire Pump testing will discharge onto sidewalk between the north and south buildings, then down to the street. Area will be cordoned off for safety.
- Fire Pump testing will discharge onto sidewalk on south east corner. Area will be cordoned off for safety.
Fire Pump testing will cause building Fire Safety Systems to be disabled during the test, which means there will be no alarm soundings at the building. Any Fire Alarm activations will route to Public Safety and be called out to the appropriate safety personnel as normal.
The 24 remaining Fire Hydrants across Belknap Campus will also be tested during these three days. There will be minimal to no impact for building occupants, vehicle or pedestrian traffic from the testing of these hydrants. You may notice wet gutters and/or roadways, which is normal.
For additional information, contact Work Control, 852-6241.