2016 travel programs
Join the hundreds of alumni and friends who travel with UofL each year and take advantage of great fellowship as well as the fabulous rates and amenities that group travel offers. Spaces go quickly, so reserve yours today.
Panama Canal Cruise
Jan. 14–24, 2016
Escape the winter weather on a 10-night cruise roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. that transits the Panama Canal and visits the ports of Aruba, Cartagena, Colon, Costa Rica and Grand Cayman aboard Island Princess.
Cost: from $1,079 per person
The Best of China Tour
April 13–24, 2016
Experience the best of China as you visit Shanghai, cruise the Yangtze River in “signature suites” for four nights and see the magnificent three Gorges, the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xian, the playful pandas, the Great Wall in Beijing and many other special UNESCO World Heritage sites. Stay in five-star hotels and be treated like royalty on this very special tour. Participation very limited.
Cost: from $3,994 per person, includes all flights within China, most meals, all entertainment, a four-night cruise, and much more, with an optional two-night post tour to Tibet.
Burgundy & Provence, France River Cruise
June 12–19, 2016
Imagine sailing France’s legendary Rhone and Saone rivers through the very heart of Burgundy and Provence’s Rhone Valley, from Chalon to Arles, on the most luxurious river boat, Uniworld’s SS Catherine. Visit sun-drenched cities, charming medieval towns, open-air markets, quaint shops; see vineyards, magnificent cathedrals and stunning scenery. This all-inclusive cruise includes all meals, shore excursions, gratuities, complimentary drinks throughout the day and transfers.
Cost: $3,499 per person
Eastern Europe Land Tour
Oct. 17–28, 2016
This custom land tour starts in Warsaw, Poland, and travels to historic Krakow, Auschwitz, the mountain village of Zakopane, through Slovakia to Budapest, Hungary. Continue on to Bratislava and end in beautiful Vienna, Austria. Stay in the finest hotels and enjoy the many private group activities arranged only for UofL passengers, including special dinners, concerts, tours and a Danube River dinner cruise! Participation very limited.
Cost: $2,999 per person
All rates are per person, double occupancy. Port fees, taxes, airfare, transfers, shore tours, gratuities and items of personal nature are extra. Some prices subject to increase without notice.
Cards around the world
1. Melissa Drew, 08E, wore her Louisville gear proudly while visiting a cousin in Boston.
2. Meredith Kyle Hettinger, 93B, and Steve Hettinger, 93S, 95GS, rode 104 miles on their red tandem bicycle from Louisville to Bardstown on the 2014 Old Kentucky Home Bicycle Tour.
3. Roland Gabbert, 78GK, and wife Karen Gabbert packed their UofL spirit on their trip to Cancun, Mexico.
4. Laura Ellison, 90B, Dave Ellison, 81S, 82GS, and Katie Williams show their UofL pride on the beach in Tybee Island, Georgia.
5. Brady Bauer shared his Cardinal spirit with two of New York’s finest on a recent trip to the Big Apple with his parents, Chris, 92A, 97GE, and Sarah Bauer.
6. Kaitlyn Eschman, 12A, journeyed to Spiez, Switzerland, where she not only represented her alma mater but also got engaged to TJ Brinker.
7. Mary Thieneman-Legel, 90A, 91GK, and Troy Glenn Legel, 88B, visited the famous Swiss Alps wearing their Cardinal gear.
8. Robert (Bob) Krauth, 80B, and wife Sharon visited their grandson, Doug Krauth, along with his other grandmother, Becky Highbaugh. Doug is a current UofL student and Delta Upsilon Fraternity member who is studying abroad at Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand.
9. Jerry Lindsey, 92B, and wife Christine proudly represented UofL while attending the Oscars red carpet event in Hollywood in February of this year.
10. Kate (Compton) Vogel, 04E, strikes a Cardinal pose in Italy at the Leaning Tower of Pisa while on her honeymoon with husband Jeremy Vogel, 06B.
11. Martha Miller, 69A, and Bruce Miller, 70S, hold their “Ls” high in front of their cabin on Isle Floreana in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador.