LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The University of Louisville Alumni Association is offering new ways to connect with alumni near and far with workshops and lectures kicking off in April. Here are a few events planned:
- Optimal Aging Series – partnership with UofL’s Institute for Sustainable Health and Optimal Aging’s lecture series that looks at the science of aging over lunch. Terry Singer, dean of the Kent School of Social Work, will present “Sexy After 60” from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. April 13 at The University Club, 200 E. Brandeis Ave. Lunch is $20. Register here.
- Young Alumni Series – features topics including home-buying, networking, local alumni businesses, financial planning, etc. The next installment is a beer tasting and talk on the brewing process at Great Flood Brewing Co. with alumni and co-owners Vince Cain, Matt Fuller and Zach Barnes. The workshop is 6 p.m. April 19 at Great Flood Brewing Co., 2120 Bardstown Rd. It costs $10 and includes a flight of four beers, gratuity, light bar snacks and a pint glass. Space is limited, register here by April 18.
- Women’s Leadership Series – highlights UofL graduates who are making their mark in their respective careers and connects attendees with networking opportunities. April’s session features Metro Councilwoman Marianne Butler, who will discuss her career in government from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. April 20 at LG&E and KU Energy, LLC, #1400, 220 W. Main St.
- Professional Networking Online – online networking gives participants with similar interests the chance to interact. Join other business and MBA alumni from 1:30-2:30 p.m. April 21 and discover job leads or find a mentor. Register here.
- First Tuesday Happy Hours – monthly networking opportunities at the hottest locations around Louisville. The UofL Alumni Association serves more than 130,000 living alumni across the world, including regional alumni chapters, academic and special interest groups and the Student Organization for Alumni Relations (SOAR). To view all upcoming events visit www.UofLalumni.org/events or download the UofL Loyalty Cards mobile app.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-852-6186.