One-fifth of the professionals on Louisville’s Business First newspaper’s recent Forty Under 40 list holds a UofL degree. Two other people named on the list are UofL faculty.
The 40 honorees “have demonstrated through their career accomplishments and willingness to give back that they will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Greater Louisville,” wrote Tom Monahan, president and publisher of Business First of Louisville, in an opening to a special Forty Under 40 section of the Sept. 27 issue.
“The Business First awards are another example of the upward trajectory we’re experiencing at UofL. We have been producing more and more graduates who are driving change, innovation and the economy in Louisville,” said President James Ramsey.
Honorees with a UofL connection are:
- Chris Colson, 36, executive director—global development, associate general counsel-legal, Texas Roadhouse Inc., JD, UofL.
- Michelle B. Coughlin, 37, attorney, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP, JD, UofL.
- Anthony E. Dragun, 38, associate professor and vice chair of radiation oncology, School of Medicine, UofL.
- Alex Frommeyer, 25, CEO and co-founder, Beam Technologies LLC, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, Speed School of Engineering.
- Larry W. Horn Jr., 38, co-founded and chief operating officer, Liberate Medical LLC; co-founder and president, TNG Pharmaceuticals Inc., bachelor’s and MBA degrees from UofL.
- Nirupama Kulkarni, 34, managing attorney, Indus Law Firm PLLC, bachelor’s and MBA degrees from UofL.
- Kevyn E. Merten, 35, assistant vice president for research and innovation, UofL.
- Michael W. Sewell, 37, principal, Gresham, Smith and Partners, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, UofL.
- Allison M. Truttmann, 29, president/founder, Wicked Sheets LLC; adjunct professor of psychology, Bellarmine University; independent autism intervention specialist, master’s degree, UofL.
- Rebecca A. Weis, 29, attorney, Stites & Harbison PLLC, JD, UofL.