The festival explores French and French-speaking cultures from a variety of perspectives, This year’s lineup begins with a Cannes Film Festival winner and includes two films directed by women.
The films will be shown in Floyd Theater of the Swain Student Activities Center, 2100 S. Floyd St. All are in French, with English subtitles. The 5 p.m. screenings will include post-film discussions with local experts on French-speaking cultures and film studies.
The schedule includes:
- “Polisse,” 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Feb. 6 and 2 p.m. Feb. 7
- “Sister,” 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Feb. 13 and 2 p.m. Feb. 14
- “Monsieur Lazhar,” 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Feb. 20 and 2 p.m. Feb. 21
- “The Minister,” 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Feb. 27 and 2 p.m. Feb. 28
- “The Rabbi’s Cat,” 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. March 6 and 2 p.m. March 7.
For film descriptions, visit http://louisville.edu/studentactivities/activitiesboard/frenchfilm2014.html
UofL’s festival is presented by the classical and modern languages department’s French section, Film and Digital Media Program, Student Activities Board, Commonwealth Center for the Humanities and Society, Alliance Francaise of Louisville and Class Act Federal Credit Union. The Tournées Festival is a program of the French American Cultural Exchange, in partnership with the Cultural Services of the French Embassy, to encourage students to discover French language films.
For more information, contact Tracy Heightchew at 502-852-8977 or firstname.lastname@example.org.