The 10-week competition began Sept. 12 and runs through Nov. 21. All you have to do to participate is log your physical activity on the AHA’s Online Tracker Program (link provided below). You can even log your activity retroactively if you are signing up late!
And as an added incentive, Get Healthy Now is giving away a Fitbit every week to the participant who logs the most activity! There are other prizes, too, such as wristbands for the first 75 people who sign up, and t-shirts.
Remember that activity is not just walking or running; it can be golfing, yoga, weightlifting, Pilates, biking—no matter how you move, track it!
Last year, almost 200 individuals participated in the challenge, taking an average of 448,000 steps. Let’s beat those numbers, decrease our heart disease risks and keep that trophy at UofL!
How to Register:
1. Visit www.startwalkingnow.org and fill out all the required registration information. Search for and select University of Louisville as your company.
- Register for the challenge at any time: just log your activity from Sept. 12- Nov. 21, even retroactively if you join the challenge late.
- Click here for help registering [pdf]
2. Fill out the Agreement to Participate form and submit to Get Healthy Now via email or fax: 852-6654
3. Encourage your colleagues, supervisors, friends on campus, and your spouse/QA to sign up, too!