University of Louisville students, faculty and staff can find out by entering a trivia contest that includes, among other prizes, a meet-and-greet session with John Granger — the “dean” of Harry Potter scholars, according to Time magazine.
Granger, an author and blogger who has written several books about J.K. Rowling’s popular Harry Potter series of books, will discuss the symbolism in the books in a free talk at UofL, 5 p.m. Feb. 18, in Chao Auditorium, Ekstrom Library. The McConnell Center is sponsoring this event.
To test your Potter knowledge and be eligible for a chance to win prizes, send answers to the following five questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, Feb. 16.
- What position does Harry play on the Quidditch team?
- What did Harry receive as a gift from Sirius Black for his first birthday?
- Who teaches History of Magic at Hogwarts?
- What is Albus Dumbledore’s full name?
- What is the number on the Hogwarts Express?
Please include your name, whether you are student or employee and a telephone number where you can be reached on Feb. 16 in case you are a prize winner. Participants who answer all five questions correctly will be entered in a drawing for
- A meet-and-greet with Granger 30 minutes before his Feb. 18 talk. (Each winner can bring one guest.)
- A copy of one of Granger’s books
- A $25 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble
Winners must be able to attend the meet-and-greet with Granger to claim prizes. Three students and two employees will be selected.