During the open enrollment period, employees can make changes to and enroll in a number of benefits, including health, dental and vision; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts; and Get Healthy Now.
All benefit elections will be made online and are effective January 1, 2015.
For 2015, health care premiums remain the same for employees in all plans except Cardinal Care. Employees enrolled in Cardinal Care will see an annual increase of $480. There is a slight increase in dental premiums.
Please take the time to review your benefit options for 2015. Now is the time to make the right choices for you and your family. Take this opportunity to make any changes necessary to ensure your benefit choices meet your needs.
Here is what employees need to know:
- You can access benefit information online at http://louisville.edu/hr/benefits/openenrollment/.
- Employee premiums remain the same for all plans except Cardinal Care. Employees enrolled in Cardinal Care will see an annual increase of $480.
- The Cardinal Care health plan option remains closed to new enrollees. People who are enrolled in Cardinal Care can stay in the plan for 2015. Cardinal Care will be phased out over the next two years.
- There is a slight increase in dental premiums.
- If you want a Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account in 2015, you must enroll and elect your 2015 contribution amount.
- Employees who waive health insurance and want their waiver dollars in a Dependent Care account must enroll in a Dependent Care FSA (even if they were enrolled in 2014).
- To enroll in Get Healthy Now and earn the $40 monthly premium incentive, employees must complete a new health risk assessment between Oct. 17 and Nov. 17 (even if they were enrolled in 2014).
- If you do not make changes to your 2014 health, dental and vision coverage, your existing coverage will remain for 2015.
- Be sure to print your Enrollment Summary after you make your 2015 online elections.
- The benefits you choose during Open Enrollment are effective Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2015. These benefits stay in effect all year unless you experience a qualifying event, such as marriage, divorce or birth of a child. If you do experience a qualifying event and wish to make a change to your benefits, you must contact the benefits office and provide proper documentation within 30 days of the qualifying event.
- Call 852-0040 with any open enrollment questions.