The annual Staff Recognition Luncheons, in its 36th year, were held on October 19 and October 26, at the Brown and Williamson Club at Cardinal Stadium.
The luncheons honored UofL employees who have worked at the university for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50 years.
Two employees – Ralph Hornickel from the Research Resources Center and Linda Jenkins from Performance Improvement and Business Analytics – were recognized for 50 years of distinguished service.
Jenkins said her fondest memory is when UofL closed at noon for a blizzard.
“I was alone in the office in the Administration Building when President Woodrow Strickler found me waiting for my 5 p.m. ride. He pulled up a chair and told me wonderful stories until my ride got there,” she said.
Three employees were recognized for 45 years of service, including Gail Hudson, Dentistry clinic support; Rita Siegwald, Law administration; and Janet Spence, Education academic support.
Siegwald said her fondest memory, other than working with staff, faculty and students, is when her son graduated from the Speed School.
Rounding out the distinguished service recognition are 20 employees who have been working for UofL for 40 years. They include:
- Sherry Allen, McConnell Center
- Michel Ball, Education, HPES
- Paula Berry, VP for Operations
- Rickie Cardwell, Business Services, print/copy
- Robert Gray, Cancer Center
- Rebecca Higgins, VPR, research
- Barbara Jones, IT
- Robert Jones, IT
- David King, VP for Strategy/general counsel
- Ramona Lucas, Pathology
- Patricia Maguire, Education, HPES
- Michael Osoffsky, Library, technical services
- Sharolyn Pepper, International Affairs
- Teresa Protenic, Campus Health Services
- Sharon Robards, Payroll Services
- Emylene Rodenas, Nursing administration
- Charles Sloan, facilities, Physical Plant operations
- Michael Toba, facilities, Planning, Design and Construction
- Janice Wooldridge-Ware, Pathology
- Gina Yunker, Speed, computer engineer and computer science
In addition to the above distinguished service awards, 280 other UofL employees were recognized in Athletics, Community Engagement, COO, Health Affairs, the Office of the President, the Office of the Provost, Research, Student Affairs and University Advancement.
Photos from the luncheons and honorees can be found on the Human Resources website.