The UofL Alumni Association will be in New York City for the ACC Basketball Tournament March 6 – 11. The New York Alumni Chapter and the Alumni Association are hosting athletic and academic activities open to alumni, fans, and students alike.
“We are thrilled to capitalize on the ACC Tournament by connecting our alumni and fans with various campus initiatives,” said Josh Hawkins, COO of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving. “Whether you are traveling to New York, or from the area, we hope you will join us for one of our events while also cheering on men’s basketball.”
Alumni is collaborating with the College of Arts & Sciences, LGBT Center and Office of Admissions on a number of events throughout the week. The full schedule includes:
- March 6-10 – UofL Headquarters – The Montrose. Throughout the week, the UofL headquarters will be at The Montrose, where alumni and fans can gather in-between games. It is just a 2-minute walk from Barclays Center. Seating is first come, first served.
- TBD – Alumni & Fan Reception – New York Marriott Marquis, 6 p.m. The night before UofL’s first game, alumni, fans, and potential new UofL students are invited to a complimentary reception. Hors d’ ouevres and cash bar will be provided.
- Monday, March 6 – Young Alumni Reception – Printers Alley, 5:30 p.m. UofL alumni from the past 10 years are invited to join us for an evening of networking and socializing, hosted by the NYC Alumni Chapter.
- Wednesday, March 8 – Breakfast with the LGBT Center – LGBT Community Center, 8:30 a.m. Join the LGBT Center for breakfast and an informal conversation about how UofL has become one of the most LGBT-inclusive campuses in the country.
- Thursday, March 9
- Writing with the Ancestors: Literacy, Family, and the Creative Process – New York Marriott Marquis, 8:30 a.m. Enjoy a cup of coffee and a light breakfast while hearing from UofL College of Arts & Sciences Professor, Kiki Petrosino.
- Meet & Greet with 2016 ACC Legend Darrell Griffith and Coach Denny Crum – McMahon’s Public House, 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 10 – The French Avant-Garde: Manet, Monet, and More – MET Museum, 11:30 a.m. $25/each. This talk and tour, led by UofL College of Arts and Sciences Associate Professor, Jongwoo Kim will look at important works from both the 19th and 20th centuries.